You’ve probably been told for YEARS not to hit on someone at the gym . . . they’re there to work out and don’t want you bothering them. So here’s some info to make your single life even MORE confusing.
A new survey of 1,000 people found the gym is the BEST place to pick someone up. 69% of men and 64% of women say they’d be FLATTERED if someone hit on them while they were working out. Who are the 31% of men who WOULDN’T be flattered?
The top 10 places to hit on someone are: The gym . . . the dog park . . . at bars . . . online . . . at adult education classes . . . the grocery store . . . church . . . on vacation . . . at a house party . . . and museums.
We’re not sure what’s up with the adult education classes. Maybe people exploring careers later in life also want to explore your nethers?
The WORST places to hit on someone are: During SURGERY . . . at funeral parlors . . . and at work.
Check out a list of the five weirdest dating apps . . .
1. On The Rebound analyzes your Facebook friends’ dating history, and tells you the best time to ask them out based on when they’re most likely to be “on the rebound.”
2. Luxy describes itself as, “Tinder, minus the poor people.” The idea is to connect wealthy and beautiful people. According to the people behind it, their clientele includes CEOs, celebrities, athletes, and doctors.
3. Carrot Dating. We’ve heard of “sugar daddy” sites before, and this is similar . . . you literally BRIBE someone to go on a date with you. Users list what they’d be willing to exchange for a date, and you decide whether or not it’s worth your time.
4. Revealr doesn’t let you see a picture of someone until you listen to a 20-second clip of their VOICE. If you like it, you swipe right. Then you get a pixelated photo of them that only becomes clear if THEY’RE interested in YOU.
5. Cuddlr connects you with other people looking to CUDDLE. It gives you their name, photo, and past cuddling reviews of people near you. And if you agree to cuddle, you can trade info, or pull up a MAP with directions to their place.
PHOTO OF THE DAY:
Our society didn’t need a reason to get MORE divided, but this dress is doing it . . .
There’s a photo going around online that’s causing intense debate. It surfaced a few days ago, and it just shows a dress . . . there’s nothing really special about it.
But some people see it as blue and black . . . and others see it as white and gold. And when you look at it and find out which camp you fall into, you’ll have NO idea how ANYONE could see the other set of colors.
Then there are people who describe seeing it as blue and black in one place, then white and gold when they see the photo on a different site, or under different lighting. So what’s going on?
One theory is that the cones and rods in your retinas cause some people to see blue and black, while others will see white and gold. There’s clearly some sort of optical illusion going on . . . but no one who understands that kind of stuff has chimed in yet.
FRIDAY FUN FACTS:
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. Only 40% of the people in the world have ever been on the Internet.
2. September 12th is a holiday in Russia called the Day of Conception, where people get a day off work to try to make a baby.
3. Bubble wrap was invented to be a 3-D wallpaper. That idea never took off . . . but the guys who created it realized it COULD be good as packing material.
4. Somalia didn’t get its first ATM until last October.
THE CYBER SPOTLIGHT
Is the Woman Who Opens Toys on YouTube a Former Porn Star?
The most popular YouTube channel is called “Disney Collector BR” . . . where a woman opens toys and plays with them, and kids love it. But you never see her face, and no one’s been able to figure out who she is. (We’ve told you about her.)
But now a reporter for “The Daily Mail” thinks he’s figured it out, and says it’s a 32-year-old Brazilian woman named Daiane DeJesus, who lives in Orlando . . . and used to be a PORN STAR.
He says her stage name was Sandy Summers, and she quit doing porn about seven years ago. Which would be four years before the Disney Collector channel started.
Apparently her husband runs a similar YouTube channel called BluCollection, and he was involved in porn too.
One of their former neighbors listened to the voice in the Disney Collector videos and says it’s definitely her. Then the husband’s ex-wife ALSO confirmed they’re the ones who run the YouTube account.
So if all that’s true, millions of parents have been distracting their kids by letting them watch a PORN STAR for the last four years. Not that it matters, since you only see her hands, but still.
Her videos have been viewed a total of more than FIVE BILLION times since 2011, and she made an estimated $4.9 million from YouTube revenue and endorsement deals last year. (Daily Mail)
A Reporter Goes Sledding for a Segment . . . and Crashes Into a Snowman
A reporter in Greenville, South Carolina named Myra Ruiz went sledding for a segment on Wednesday . . . and crashed face-first into a SNOWMAN. The best part was the huge smile on her face right before she hit it.
There’s video of it on YouTube. And at the end, a kid on a sled also takes out the cameraman. (Search for “Watch Reporter Go Face-First Into Giant Snowman.” The snowman is at :18, and the cameraman gets taken out at :39.)
A Reporter Was Talking About How Dangerous the Roads Were . . . When a Truck Crashed Right Behind Her
A reporter in Chattanooga, Tennessee named Caitlyn Jones was on the side of the highway, talking about how bad the roads were Wednesday night . . . when a truck crashed into a guardrail about 50 feet behind her.
It looked like the driver was okay though. (Search for “Caitlyn Jones Reports While Truck Crashes.” It happens at 1:20.)
Guys in Scuba Gear Play Upside Down Hockey, Under a Frozen Lake
Four guys in Russia recently put on scuba gear . . . got under the ice of a frozen lake . . . and played upside down HOCKEY on it. The YouTube video isn’t very action-packed, but it’s weird.
(Search for “Upside Down, Underwater Ice Hockey Game.”)
WIN THE DAY!