According to “Consumer Reports”, here are the five things you should buy this month, if you’re in the market. Because they’re cheaper now than any other time of the year . . .
1. Toys, because the holidays are over. So you might want to do some shopping early if your kid has a birthday coming up soon.
2. Exercise equipment, specifically treadmills and elliptical machines. Stores want to clear them out so they can get new ones in.
3. Televisions. Historically, they’re cheaper in January than any other month.
4. Winter clothes. Stores have to start making room for all their spring stuff.
5. Bedding, specifically sheets. They’re always on sale in January. It dates back to 1878, when the owner of a department store in Philadelphia did it.